Thursday, July 15, 2010

Worth Your Time: The Top 10 Jazz Songs Everyone Should Own

My good friend Enrico Harmon, one of the best bass players in Chicago, did me a HUGE favor by saving my jazz collection. With these singles, he saved my collection from being embarrassed if it ever got challenged to a track-list dual.

Here are the top 10 songs he suggested to me:


Charlie Parker

1. Charlie Parker - KoKo
2. Dizzy Gillespie - A Night In Tunisia
3. Billie Holliday - Strange Fruit
4. Duke Ellington - Take The "A" Train
5. Wes Montgomery - Polkadots & Moonbeams
6. John Coltrane - Naima
7. Louis Armstrong - Hello Dolly
8. Billie Holiday - Body & Soul
9. Charlie Parker - Bird Gets The Worm
10. Ella Fitzgerald - A Tisket A Tasket

Thanks Rico!

Follow Rico on Twitter to see where you can catch his band Verzatile jamming next!

No comments: