Monday, September 5, 2011

AM THM #5

1.)  This quote:  "And airports see it all the time  Where someone's last goodbye blends in with someones sigh 'cause someone's coming home, in hand a single rose  And that's the way, this wheel keeps workin' out" -- John Mayer ("Wheel", Heavier Things, 2003)

 2.)  Sammy Jo Alonzo.  She's a cool chick who runs marathons.  Good to see her accomplishments during her Mission:  I'm Possible campaign with Nike.  Up next?  The Berlin Marathon.  Check out her site to learn more about her, her business, her style and her goals... And she and her sister are very strong believers in Christ w/o ANY shame.  There's something to be said about that--so I'm saying it.

3.)  John Mayer PERIOD.  I don't know how I would have made it through my teen years without him!  And he was the first concert I ever went to (with my mom) for my 17th birthday.

4.)  The fact that natural hair styling/maintenance is on a rise!  I found Shea Moisture products at WALGREENS!  No more time spent reading labels closely and walking out after an hour with NOTHING.  Thanks everyone!  Welcome to the new cool.  The standards of beauty are shifting (even if only for a moment) and it wonderful to see.  (I've not had a chemical in my head since 2006 and started my journey to natural hair when I was 9 years old--If you have questions, I've got answers on that.)

5.)  Being an adult.  Not only in years, but in my mind as well.  I've always been 'goofy' in my behavior but mature in my character.  This past week, I have had a chance to flex my grown-up muscles in a lot of aspect of my life BOLDLY.

6.)  Blogs!  From Xanga to Tumblr... we have come a mighty long way . . . wow.
7.)  Communication.
8.)  New gear from Nike!
9.)  Buying gifts for people "just 'cause'".
10.)  Getting flowers and sentimental notes from people.  A vase of pink + white roses in my bedroom and a note on my bedside table?  Everyday, please.
11.)  Having this day off of work.  Gonna wash clothes, go to the movies and cold CHILL.  Shout out to all the #EMPLOYEES out there.  Thanks!
12.)  Epic Burger.
13.)  Kilwin's ice cream in Lake Geneva, WI.  --  The LAKE GENEVA MUD flavor.
14.)  Rosetta Stone.  (Not quite yet, but I'm probably gonna get it around Christmas or some time next year... SPRECHEN SIE DEUTSCH!?  Ich sprechen!)
15.)  Critical thought and educated discussion on theory and other big wordy ways of saying, "stuff".
16.)  Romance.
17.)  Having HOPE in a hopeless world.
18.)  Taking people that I love to church with me.
19.)  The ability to put laughter where sobbing should be.
20.)  Star of Siam.  Delicious AND cheap!
21.)  Holding hands.
22.)  Cute comments from people about us.  :  P
23.)  Real peanut butter on real bread.

24.)  The ability to love who I want to love.  My family and friends encourage me to be who I am every day and that confidence transfers in to a million bitty parts of my life... One of those ways is that they always love and accept whoever I bring home (no one, really) no matter their color shape or size!  :  )  Thanks fam.

25.)  Nike RIFTS.
26.)  Seeing my bestie perform on an international stage.  She is at her tipping point.  I can just feel it.  The best part is that she'll be home in a few weeks!  WOOP WOOP!!!!  :  ) #PARTYtime.

27.)  My journey.  I am realizing that nothing in my life has been a set back, only set ups!  I'm running the race that was set before ME and I don't see anyone in front of me and I'm in such good form, I'm too afraid to look back or side-to-side because it might throw me off...  If I squint my eyes, like this:  >_<, I think I can see the finish line in the distance!  :  )

happy labor day!

No comments: